Pictured above are employees of the Hinde and Dauch Paper Company, probably around 1890. In 1888, Jacob J. Dauch and James J. Hinde took over the Sandusky Paper Mill, which was located at the southeast corner of Shelby and Filmore Streets. Both Mr. Dauch and Mr. Hinde had been farmers in Erie County, and they made extra income by baling straw and selling it to the Sandusky Paper Mill for use in making paper from the straw.
The Hinde and Dauch Paper Company was incorporated in 1900. That same year, this commemorative medal was presented to Hinde and Dauch at the Exposition Universelle in Paris, for the company’s achievements in the manufacturing of paper products.
These Hinde and Dauch employees are seen riding on a truck, in preparation for a parade.