The Erie County Oil Products Company was incorporated in October, 1920. J.G. Wiedenhaefer was the company president, and it is most likely Mr. Widenhaefer who is pictured above next to the company truck. Other officers in the early 1920s included: Alvin D. Reinke, Vice President; Oscar A. Reinke, Secretary-Treasurer; an L.A. Leonhiser, Manager. The 1921 Sandusky City Directory stated that the Erie County Oil Products Company was a dealer in gasoline, kerosene, and lubricating oils, and was located at the northeast corner of Hancock and Scott Streets. By 1923, the company was known as the Erie County Oil Company, and operated a filling station at the northwest corner of Monroe and Tiffin Avenue. This particular service station, at 649 Tiffin Avenue, was named to the National Register of Historic Places. Though no longer a gas station, for several years it provided gas and oil for drivers on the west end of Sandusky. The Erie County Oil Company changed owners and locations throughout its many years of existence. For a long time, the Erie County Oil Company was the distributor of Fleet Wing products, and later the company supplied home heating oils to area residents. The last year that the Erie County Oil Company appeared in the Sandusky City Directory was in 2000. At that time, it was located at 1318 Cleveland Road.