George A. Brown. The Arrow was 165 feet in length, and 28 feet wide, with a net tonnage of 182. From 1895 until 1922, the Arrow sailed on Lake Erie taking passengers from Sandusky to Kelleys Island, Middle Bass, North Bass, and Put-in-Bay. Her cabin was furnished in light mahogany, and a grand piano was featured in her salon. Round trip fares in 1912 cost fifty cents. There were several steamers on the Island route in the early twentieth century.
Visitors to Cedar Point and the Lake Erie islands often arrived at the docks in Sandusky by passenger train.
The photograph below by Ernst Niebergall captures the Arrow vividly as it travels across Lake Erie.