Sunday, April 04, 2010
Ferback’s Rathskeller was located at the corner of West Madison and Harrison Streets in Sandusky. In 1935, a local newspaper advertisement for Ferback’s featured plate lunches for fifteen cents. The ad below appeared in the March 9, 1935 issue of the Sandusky Register.
In the 1940’s, Clarence Nagel operated a furnace, air conditioning and sheet metal business at 536 Harrison Street. In the 1950’s and 1960’s Helen Nagel taught ceramics classes at Helen’s Hobby Shop at this address.
Visit the Sandusky Library to view several decades of historical city directories, which can provide details about the residents and businesses of Sandusky in days gone by.