According to the Ohio Historic Inventory for
Stone’s Block was built around 1870 in the High Victorian style. The building
features ornate cornices and ornamentation on the centered gable, and the
windows have cut stone lintels. The building is located on the southeast corner
of Erie County Columbus Avenue
and Market Street.
From the 1880s until 1908, the M. and A. Lebensburger men’s clothing store was in business at the street level of
Stone’s block. From about 1910 to 1919, the Lake Shore Electric Railway had offices at
the Stone Block. The postcard below refers to the Interurban Station in the building.
Here is a view of Stone’s Block and
Market Street on a
cold day about 1905.