Before the location was known as Shoreline Drive, the State of Ohio had offices located at the foot of Hancock Street in Sandusky. Below is a picture of several buildings owned by the state of Ohio, adjacent to the railroad tracks, around the 1920s or 1930s. The words Ohio Fisheries Building can barely be read on the building that is to the far left of the photo.
From about 1940 to 1960, a cottage in front of the Ohio Fisheries Building housed State of Ohio employees. The Ohio Fisheries Building had been repainted by this time.
Ohio Department of Natural Resources has several employees at the ODNR's Coastal Services Center located at 105 West Shoreline Drive.