From 1890 until his death in 1908, John George Buderer operated a grocery store at the northeast corner of Seneca and Pearl Streets in Sandusky. A listing for the store in the 1908 Sandusky City Directory stated that J. George Buderer was a dealer in groceries and provisions, fine liquors, cigars and tobacco. Members of the Buderer family can be seen standing in front of the store around 1900.
After John George Buderer’s death in 1908, his wife Amanda operated the store for several years. From the mid 1920s to the mid 1930s, J. George and Amanda’s son George ran the family business. (After 1936, this address was a private residence.) Mrs. Amanda Buderer passed away in 1936. She was survived by two daughters, Mrs. Frank Folz and Mrs. Joseph Reminger, and two sons, George and Alvin H. Buderer. Descendants of John George and Amanda Buderer have been active in Sandusky in the pharaceutical business for several decades. Mr. and Mrs. J. George Buderer, both natives of Germany, were buried in Sandusky’s Oakland Cemetery.