Between 1910 and 1913, Henry Klieger operated a saloon at 445 First Street in Sandusky. He and his wife Jeannette lived above the business. The men above are standing in front of the boat named the “Vivian” outside Mr. Klieger’s saloon. It looks as though one gentleman took his beverage with him onto the boat.
Camp Vivian was a camp where amateur boxers trained, possibly on the Cedar Point peninsula. To date we do not know the exact location of Camp Vivian. If anyone is familiar with Camp Vivian, please leave us a message in the Comments section of this website.
All the picture postcards featuring the Vivian and Camp Vivian were created by Sandusky photographer E.H. Schlessman.